View Single Post
      12-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #71
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
YES, I agree todays RAP is terrible, but real HIP HOP is alive and well. Artists/Groups like

All Lyricists with sick beats
Completely left out a few of these. Still listen to Jedi Mind Tricks and forgot about Immortal Technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I was wondering if/when someone would bring up the Godfathers of the genre. Not lost on me or forgotten; just didn't make the top 10. I think it's an age thing. If we had any folk in their 50s chiming in, perhaps there would be more love for them shown?

For me it all comes down to exposure. No internet back then so what you listened to was a direct connection with who you were exposed to. with no older siblings I got all my musical influences from other kids in school. I went from a 90% white, middle class middle school to 50% white highschool in '87. Got exposed to all kinds of music that I never would have discovered on my own in that '87 to '92 span. Walked into shop class one day and heard NWA; My little 14 year old mind was blown!
I can completely relate with the first time I heard NWA, I was 12. My mother and father had divorced and my mother had remarried and moved to a larger city. My older sister had made some new friends and she invited me to come hang out with them. We get in the car with her new friends vehicle that was referred to as "The Bucket" and suddenly Nobody Move was blasting. I was blown away. I was also introduced to Too $hort and some Eazy E that day. My life was never the same.
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
twin fed1175.50