10-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #17
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Man it's been a long time since I've heard anyone mention CDMA or TDMA for that matter. I've forgot more about dated cell phone technology than most people will ever understand. What did you do for Qualcomm?
I worked in the Engineering Quality Control department. this was back in 95-98? i'm trying to remember what we called the phones back than...I know it was cell phones? this is when CDMA first hit the market. everyone else was still analog. this was about the time that the stadium in San Diego was called Jack Murphy than got bought out by Qualcomm. but here's the first CDMA phone that was released by Sprint from Sony

than they had versions of these in various colors and what not

this one I remember being involved with the mechanical engineering of mouthpiece that flips down and the phone was smaller. it was a piece of crap!

and than the very first smart phone which wasn't really smart but it was more windows based

LOL than they sold the CDMA technology to all the carriers which put Qualcomm cell phone manufacturing out of business so they picked up and moved the facility to Mexico which ended my career and I end up moving onto other things
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0