View Single Post
      05-20-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

iX Value and Depreciation

Hi everyone.

My wife and I are long time BMW enthusiasts (over 40 owned). Anyway, the iX is something she wants, and I'll admit the idea of it is something as I am open to. I like the front, the back, but not a fan of the side profile. We've owned an i3 and an X5 45e in the past. I love electric cars, but I also love ICE (hence my M2CS). The wife also does love the X5m idea I've thrown at her. 2 different cars I know but we love them all.

Anyway, I've got the opportunity to have the first iX allocated to a local dealer. They also presented the option of an X5m with very pretty discount.

My thoughts for discussion are:

Initially, what types of discounts do you think dealers will be willing to do on the iX? We have no idea what MSRP will be with options, but I'd imagine I'd spec one of the 50i models for near 90k.

Next is depreciation. Will this be more in line with say normal BMW depreciation curves or i3 depreciation curves? I don't want this to be a repeat of the i3 depreciation. Great car, got it at a steal lease (and that's what made it great).

If the iX leases well, then I think I'd be open to that. I wish I could see one in the flesh, but I don't think they are doing viewings in my area.
Appreciate 0