WhiskyPat12
Reclaiming My Time!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Savages. The thing about all whisk(e)y's is that there is something for everyone and then there is also those that we don't all care for. I just don't see using any good whisk(e)y for mix. I see people ordering Crown Royal and coke and I'm like, what's the point. Use a cheap liquor for mix, it's not like you can taste or appeciate Crown Royal when it's mixed. I happen to like Woodford, and I often recommend it to people who are just getting into whisk(e)y's because it has a nice easy flavour profile.

Just my two cents.
100% agree there is something for everyone! Woodford had to much oak/tannin for me, but I know there are folks here who don't like Buffalo Trace.

100% disagree that one should use cheap liquor for mixing! I mostly drink it neat, but every now and then I want something different.

Whisky in one of those spirits that can stand on its own, but also plays well with others. And it does make a difference. Whisky is so broad that a cocktail will be completely different if you choose different whiskys.

Not withstanding the fact that Whisky/Soda isn't the same as an Old Fashion or Whisky Sour, I'll tell you that mixing Ardbeg 10yo and Coke was an awesome experiment and drastically different that the Jack and Coke I drank in high school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
this might just be the alcohol talking, but I love you man...
Appreciate 0