United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine003 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Ok so the first batch of the i3's where as fast as an i3s 0-60

But we got de-tuned during a dealer visit because of motor mount failure as the motor mount design couldn't take the torque and they made my car slower with the update. And replaced the parts.

When I left the dealer the initial bite from smashing the accelerator was gone and it was a more subdued and slower acceleration. I think it also slowed the 0-60 time as well as bmw started to report slower 0-60 times after the initial run.

So now people buying the i3s are really just enjoying what the first batch of i3's had in the beginning.

Pissed me off.
Interesting... Do you remember your previous software version before you went to the dealer?

When you say initial bite, do you mean it being able to launch aggressively off the line?

I bought mine used and the initial pause/delay was something I had to get used to launching off the line. I just attributed it to preventing wheel spin, kinda like a quasi-launch control of sorts. Now I'm curious if I'm missing the old launch characteristics. hmmmm...
Correct so what they did was detune it slightly so the power came gradual so reduce the strain on the motor mount.

This was a recall, it said new mounts but the new mounts also came with a software update that detuned the car.

The overall performance was the same but the acceleration was slightly altered to take the stress off the bolts. As that seems to be the weak part of the car.

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s...1#post19334237
Appreciate 0