11-06-2020, 06:38 AM   #2648
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Thanks JP - ya that's pretty much what i've been doing - it's definitely an awesome addition to my routine - did them today - went nearly all
the way down - when you do them do you go heavy or stay on the 10 rep range?

Back n Bi's today - weighted pull-ups - reverse grip cable pull downs ended with 200 lbs for 8 reps, felt solid.

JP - As for the fly's i like to do 2-3 sets incline first then 2-3 sets flat bench - I don't go heavier than 60's it's not needed if you go slow. Then i'll hit the Fly machine and go heavy.
I usually pair sissy squats with a more heavy excercise, not saying this is the best way, just my preferred way. For instance I'll go heavy using a V-squat machine & pair them with sissy squats in the 10-12 rep range.

Damn you're gettings 60's on your flys, that is very solid. I'd probably tear something lol. I usually max out at 40s-45s. Not saying I couldn't go heavier, but I'm a form nazi. I try to make sure I am getting full extension through the motion - arms no less than 135° - DB will usually stop when they are inline with my chest. Doing so puts a lot of tension on my front delt hence I keep it lighter through that movement. Prefer to do them incline then I'll go right into incline DB squeeze presses to failure, get a mean pump after that.
Appreciate 1