View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #2461
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9213 View Post
Thank you for the warning! Yes I am taking it under observation with an NP and we took blood before starting with the expectation I'll be back in 6 months for follow up (4 months from now).

However, I did voluntarily discontinue Celebrex two weeks ago because I learned of an interaction with another medication I'm taking which increases the risk of stomach ulcers. I only found this out because I developed one...which was not fun.

I didn't mention this because it was specifically a drug interaction risk which may not be the case for others.

I have arthritis in my lower back and significantly injured it a couple of years ago dead lifting. It did truly help with that pain but unfortunately a day after stopping Celebrex it's back.

If safe to take based on blood results, I would still highly recommend it for the relief it provided. I would certainly honor this advice though on making sure blood work validates if safe for you.
Ok. Great you're being monitored. But I would ask for another blood test as my liver enzymes shot up over a span of a couple of weeks. Don't know when the last time you had taken Celebrex. If you've been off of it for a while, I would hold off on the blood test. Because my liver enzymes pretty much dropped back to normal rather quickly after stopping.

The stomach ulcers make sense as that's also an issue with taking high doses of aspirin.
Appreciate 0