View Single Post
      10-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #55
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Yep. Not sure if you're trying to agree or disagree though.

"The "Colin Kaepernick Effect" is one of several possible factors in dampening the NFL's TV numbers. Natural disasters such as Hurricane Irma, increased competition for eyeballs from cable news, the Oct. 1 massacre in Las Vegas and the changing TV habits of younger, cord-cutting viewers have likely taken a toll as well."

I shared the link simply to add their take on the situation with some numbers. I don't know if the article is correct. I don't know all the reasons why NFL numbers are down. I'd guess that all the factors that have been mentioned this thread are contributing to the bad situation in which the NFL finds itself.

The one thing I do know for sure: I'm not watching specifically because of the on-field in uniform protests. I believe when a player puts on a uniform he or she becomes part of an entity. To use the stadium while in uniform as a place to make a personal protest does not work for me, regardless of the validity of their message. I've weaned myself from NFL for the 4th Sunday now and I simply don't care anymore. That's just me. Others may have a different opinion.
Appreciate 1