View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #2640
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Question for you gents. Started my bulk the first week of October. Slowly increased calories until I got to where I'm just 300 calories over maintenance now. I did great all month long. My birthday was last week.....dinner with kids, dinner with the girlfriend, the girlfriend made a cake, friends stopped by a couple of days, drinks were had, etc. Long story long, I ate like a complete ass last week and picked up some fat that I don't want to carry for the next 3-4 months while on this bulk. I don't want to miss gains due to a calorie deficit and I'm already going to the gym 5 days a week hitting each group twice, I really don't want to go in (or have time to go) to the gym on my off days; but I'm not opposed to either. I also have the option of doing 15 min of cardio after weights, but again, I hate to miss gains. Any advice you guys can offer or should I just deal with it and see how I fair after the bulk and deal with the excess fat then?

Here! My right bicep is noticeably bigger than my left. I also notice when doing standing shoulder presses, that my left makes it to the top before my right. Only notice it when standing and using a barbell.

My abs are also staggered. I got the bad genes. It's all good though. I'd rather have bad genes and notice the uneven muscle versus not knowing at all. Uneven abs, I'll take them over no abs.
You're heading in the right direction so don't worry too much about the occasional drink or piece of pie.

Two things that have helped with bulking the past several months.

1) Go to failure and increase the weight every week.
2) Testosterone!

Over 50 I have seen noticeable gains once I did this. Always trick your body with intensity and increase the weight. 40/40/20 macro split is fine. Get your Protein in, drink plenty of water, sleep 8 hours, etc.

Always push for the next level with proper form and go to failure. Hope this helps. :cool!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00