06-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #567
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So getting ready to start into my 4th week of my deficit. Still at 3K calories a day give or take, and was 201lbs this morning.

I've been following the advice of JP10 and not focusing so much on the scale...but on the mirror. I know I should always do it this way, but usually end up sabotaging myself as my level of lean vs. what someone else tells me is skewed!

Weight has only dropped a few lbs over 3 weeks, but the mirror is telling a completely different story. Also already had to move up another notch in my belt...so my waist is heading in the right direction.

I stopped training my mid-section with weight years ago as my abs got a little too thick, and it threw off that taper from your chest to your abs from the side. So now I train them with just bodyweight. But luckily, I have always had good abs. I think it came from all the years of squatting and deadlifting without a belt which made me focus on my core more.

Overall I'm pretty happy with where things are headed. It looks like I added some significant thickness to my upper back area since I started deadlifting and doing Bent Rows heavy again. And my rear delts are looking the best they ever have as I have been giving them extra attention to keep my shoulder girdle healthy since putting heavy presses back in.

I have kept my carbs up slightly higher than in the past especially around my workout, so I'm staying full and still getting some nice pumps. Vascularity is going crazy too! That's the part my wife doesn't like.
Sounds like things are coming along man! Mirror, and just like you mentioned the way your clothes fit is a tell tale sign 100%. Over the last few weeks I went from being snug in some of my shit to absolutely swimming in them. Literally on the last notch on my belt and things aren't slowing down lol. Need to go out an buy new shit, but like I've mentioned in the past I am "frugal" to put it lightly haha. Don't get me wrong I hop on the scale every now and again, but only when I am feeling very lean to almost confirm the way I have been feeling. Usually the numbers are in agreement with the mirror/clothes.

I train my abs, but not so much on my obliques, they seem to grow faster then my other muscle groups and I'll start looking like a box lol. Usually only body weight movements for me though and I do mine in a quad-set without breaks inbetween each set and movement. Like a rapid beatdown prior to my workout.

High carb/protein while staying on a strict calorie count has always left me feeling great, feel like I can run through a brick wall even when I'm on just a few hours of sleep. Keep after it man!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00