View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #143
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

I've never really liked the idea of driving something less fun as a daily unless we were talking about owning exotics. I have an 80 mile highway commute round trip 7 days a week and my M3 makes my day so much better. I guess even in terms of finances, the money saved on gas and maintenance if I had something cheaper to drive wouldn't really be a big difference granted the price of the other car. How long are some of your guys commutes that have dailys? Wouldn't your day be much more enjoyable getting to drive the M? You only live once and life is too short. Make the best of it IMO. I'd even rather have someone else driving and enjoying my car instead of it sitting in my garage. Whenever I go on trips/flights for a few days to a couple weeks, I'll always ask a good friend if they would like to enjoy the car while I'm gone. Have been the same way with my previous cars:NA '08 M3, 911 C4S Cab & Continental GT.

These cars are designed for pretty high milage and even the maintainance costs aren't too bad - nowhere near exotic level. I just think "why?" when I hear of guys driving 5k miles a year if that on these cars. To each their own I guess - I do get some puzzled looks for having a 600whp M3 as a daily...

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0