View Single Post
      08-30-2018, 07:55 AM   #329
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Blade Runner is my favorite film of all time. My expectations for the sequel that I never thought I'd get were likely set unreasonably high, and I still was very impressed with what Denis Villeneuve was able to bring to the screen. I shouldn't have been too surprised, I've loved every other movie I've watched that he has directed. It's why I have high hopes for his version of Dune, which is one of my favorite pieces of sci-fi literature. If anyone can do justice to a story that many have said is "unfilmable", it is him, and apparently they are splitting the novel into two films, which is probably a good idea given the depth of the source material.

I also loved The Killing, but you are aware that they made a Season 3 and 4? Or maybe you're playing the same game that I play when I tell people it's a shame they didn't make any sequels after Aliens.

As far as Battlefield Earth, it's one of the most horrible movies I've ever seen, and it's made several lists of worst films. It was so universally panned that I'm surprised the Scientologists didn't have the director disappeared.
No, I almost put a "?" after the "2 seasons" part. I watched all of them, as they were released. I remembered it being a relatively short run, so perhaps I was subconsciously removing the bad seasons.
Appreciate 0