View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #42
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

I'm considering the Maxhaust for my 2019 i8 Roadster. The BMW delivery agent at the Welt says the sound has been "greatly improved" over the previous generations but I'm still considering some augmentation.

I sent a couple of questions to Michael in Romania (based on links in this forum) but he has not replied. I'm wondering if anyone here can provide some insight...

1. Anyone know if the kit will work with the 2019's

2. I understand that the kit from Michael/Romania has an additional or modified cable/connector. Can anyone be more specific?

3. Any reason why folks are fishing wire all the way back from the fuse panel and not installing a FUSED link directly from the 12v battery lead or hot lead on the ICE starter solenoid? Seems this would be a shorter/easier run. The ICE is in the back of the car so I expect the starter solenoid, and likely the 12v battery, are also there. Anyone know specifically where the 12v battery is located? (...most PHEV's also have a dedicated 12V battery) I don't relish trying to find a route from the fuse panel to the trunk on the Roadster...
Appreciate 0