View Single Post
      04-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
MacklinUSOB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

I have tried some serious setups over the years and the only ones where I felt the motion made a meaningful difference was on rigs well over 10k. Force feedback and pedal quality are always the least common denominator, invest in those two before anything else. After comes seating position and comfort, then AV fidelity, then 3D elements like motion. There is nothing available on the consumer market that can transmit sustained Gs, all the motion rigs I have tried (some over $40k) give you a moment of sensation but none ever come close to what it's really like to get into the brakes at the end of a straight. VR is far more effective for immersion but I myself prefer static monitor setups for comfort.

I'll update my post with setup pics later. Fanatec CSW 2.0 - Porsche 918 RSR wheel - Fanatec CSL Pedals - 34" ultrawide on gas strut - ErgoChair 2 - Sennheiser 598
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 0