floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

^agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9213 View Post
PS: debate time. I filmed myself over the winter for squat to get some feedback on how low I should be going. My workout partners suggest was parallel is all the lower I should be going. However I was challenged on that by quite a few folks suggesting I need to be going much, much lower.

Have been doing so, which has also cut down my max by a lot. No knee issues but then a >50 year old guy that works out with us in the mornings suggested I shouldn't even be going parallel. This guy was a competitive body builder in his day...he's still stronger than us. What's the consensus?

This is where I was previously going....now going significantly lower.

I wish my gym had weights like that, may I ask how much weight that is? Looking strong dude!

Personally, when it comes to squats and deadlifts I think each individual needs to customize their form to what feels right, as well as using proper fundamentals of course. Foot placement, shoe type. bar placement, how far down you squat, it all depends on what feels safe for me personally. If the weight is dictating my form, I stop.

I dealt with sciatica last year which taught me to increase weight slowly and not until I'm really really ready. However, I do like to push myself of course.

Just out of curiosity, do you run before your workout? I ask because you do look a little stiff during your squat. Running for 5 mins (1/2 mile) signals to the body it's time to workout, it's a very basic thing, and often overlooked, but to me it's extremely important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Mine wasn't a back surgery, think lower.....and inside your ass. This was done by trying to push too much weight on a squat and going below parrallel. Not a pleasant experience. Bleeding out of your ass until surgery was no fun. Walking around with stitches in your asshole for 2 weeks after, then having the stitches removed was less than ideal. Yeah, F squats. Those that know what happened, thought I was crazy for going back to the gym after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
GrussGott18113.00