View Single Post
      03-01-2022, 08:19 PM   #10
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
Many reviews conclude they feel heavy and dull except for straight line acceleration up to about 80…

I'm not saying they're not impressive compared to Tesla. I'm saying in general. Plopping a 5600lb suv over top of batteries and getting 280 miles of range in the high performance model in a vehicle supposed to be used for hauling people or things… yeah not so great. Can't get in the headspace of anyone who would spend 100k on a car that's slower, less practical, heavier, uglier, more inconvenient and (depending on specs) more expensive than an X5M.
Well the people who will buy the iX will most likely not even know how much it weights. The car is actually very comfortable, very quiet and the suspension rides really well, similar to a well tuned Porsche Panamera suspension. The X5M is waaaay to stiff for most people, like actually really stiff and compromised. Sure its slower, but its not like you do 0-60 at every stop light, and roll races all the time. Like people who drive Tesla Plaids don't go on cheetah mode at every stop. Also, the unique thing about the the i4M50 is that, when compared to the Model 3 Performance, it continues to pull after 80, where the Model 3 falls face flat, I am going to guess the iX should be similar too.

It is actually convenient if you consider that the majority of people do not drive 280 miles in a day. Most people use their cars for city and suburb driving, probably only 40 miles a day average. All you do after you go home is plug in your car, like how you charge a phone at night. Do you find charging your phone at night inconvenient? Probably not.

Looks is controversial, actually I think it looks better in person, but the interior is definitely a lot nicer than the generic BMW interiors we get these days, material use is also very unique too.

Size is around the same as an X5, but the downside is a weird trunk. But I would say the back seats has more space than an X5.
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50