08-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I am sorry but the 13% that said criminal charges should be filed are complete f*cking morons.
Hmm, so harsh. You know 100% for a fact that he will not be charged? You do realize that being charged doesn't necessarily mean for murder or some other ridiculously trumped-up charge but includes negligence? No sane person here is arguing that Tony *intentionally* wanted to kill Ward. That's just laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
If I were Tony I wouldn't pay that family a cent. The video is more that enough to win in court.
Another harsh statement. Riiiight, if anything, that video looks bad for Tony.

A lot of you ppl that voted for 'it's 100% Ward's fault' aren't thinking straight. Let's say some little kid or senile person wanders off onto the street on a red, so onto your street when it's green for you. It's the pedestrian's fault for wandering onto the street, but if you had enough time to avoid hitting the person, are you saying 'screw it, I can hit him no matter what without any repercussions, it's that person's fault for getting onto the street on red!!!! I'm in the clear!!!!'? Any half decent driver w/ any skill would try to avoid a crash to the best of his ability, nevermind a champion driver. If you look at the clip, the place of incident was well beyond the corner, so there shouldn't be any blind spots. Also, the 45 car wasn't blocking Tony because 45 was driving below at a slower pace and Tony was above at a faster pace, somehow aiming right into the path of Ward(!): why else does Ward have to step OUT of Tony's way? Look carefully, he's stepping AWAY, not into Tony's path. Finally, these drivers are professionals, the track was well-lit and I'm sure that Tony saw Ward all the way, yet we have some ppl saying that these guys are blind as bats and somehow wasn't able to see Ward: can't have it both ways, are they professionals or are they blind fools that can barely operate their vehicles? To argue that Ward suddenly came out of nowhere to Tony is just silliness.

Looks bad for Tony.
Appreciate 0