boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Golf R or GTI SE or GTI Rabbit for daily?

Hi guys, I believe similar topic has been discussed before but I can’t seems to find it, maybe it was a long time ago!

Anyway, I just started to look for daily driver (not a beater) but something I will like and enjoy no less (maybe little less) than my M!

I was planning to get a second car for daily for about 2 years now but every time something more important was coming up and I was putting this idea on back seat.

So finally, I recently crossed 100k mile mark on my X5M about 4 months ago (the warranty ran out at the same time) and I’m already at 108k+ so I decided to revisit the idea.

My daily commute anywhere between 80-120 miles depending on the day (95% highway miles)

My budget somewhere between 10k – 15k.

I understand that with this budget I won’t be able to get a new car which is ok. So this means the Rabbit is out (brand new for 2019), Golf R used I can find for about $18k-$20k but I don’t want to finance!

Based on my research I see GTIs between 2010-2014 sell for anywhere between 10k-15k with approximately 70k miles or I can find a Golf for about the same money with about 35k miles.

I really don’t want Golf, I’m torn between GTI and Golf R even though Golf R is stretch!

Also I’m looking for 4 door, manual only, have a color preference but this is not as important.

Let me know u thought?

I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0