Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlemasi View Post
Why are you still posting?
You're right, two things are true in that statement:

(1) The i3 was released in 2014
(2) The i3 was born an electric vehicle

The rest of the statement is untrue hype.
See what you have to remember is people on this forum have spent lots of money or are heavily invested in this car. So they like it. And basically what your doing is pissing all over it, so like anti bodies in our immune system see you doing what your doing are going to attack or just plain don't want to hear it.

If you don't have anything constructive to add other than offering 1000 ways why you hate this car then it's falling on def ears.

It's cutting edge for me in many ways still in the fact of how it's built and what it's created from in an affordable way. The batteries are also very interesting when you read up on them, not so cut and dry. The factory in which it's created is also very very interesting and BMW invested billions to make it one of if not the cleanest most efficient car factory in the world.

So I have awarded their efforts by buying their car. It wasn't an afterthought and took over 10 years of R&D with the minis and 1 series to make something truly new and different.

Their research showed most don't drive over 80 miles a day especially where the i3 is intended, the fact is people want ICE sort of range regardless so their slowly getting their. And it sells quite well in other parts of the world where the range is less of an issue. America is still to big and spaced apart for low milage EV's to work unless the car is used in the inner city like it was designed for but in some cases even our cities don't have the EV infrastructure to work well. Now I'm in Chicago so EV's are very well taken care of.

To this day it's like nothing else on the road and Still feel like I'm driving a concept car. So for me it's a stellar and very interesting EV.

Will I buy another ? When I'm ready for the I8 absolutely !
Appreciate 0