03-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #201
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I don't eat when I'm hungry really more upon my perceived need which works pretty well not particularly fat just in growth phase so add more calories. Felt like giving it a try but not my thing. I just can't commit to going full fat ass to spur growth which feels like what I need. Lee priest style.
I'm the same way. My training partner year ago told me I needed to chill out on trying to stay within a certain body-fat and just put on weight if I wanted to gain any "real" size.

Needless to say any calorie he eats goes to pretty much all muscle. If I get fatter than 12%, then the benefits of how that calorie gets stored go way down and I can get "blurry" looking really quick.

Plus as I have gotten older, I'm just not into the size thing anymore. It's hard enough to get stuff that fits me now, plus I just think it's healthier to stay leaner.

In the past if I dropped below 195lbs...I would panic and feel like I was shrinking to nothing. Napoleon complex I guess.

Now I routinely go down to the low 180's in the summer. It's all an illusion anyway. I get leaner and people at the gym tell me I look bigger.