View Single Post
      09-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #228
jwestfield
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 i7 and '23 M8 Competition

very frustrating

and I agree with all your comments, Carac.

I am just so upset that BMW is still 'deciding' on when/how to launch. It takes a lot of nerve for them to still be behind closed doors and making stupid, ill-advised decisions on this, when the freakin US release of the car was at Pebble Beach.

What a crock of horse poop.

UNLESS THERE IS SOME OTHER real REASON ALL THIS IS HAPPENING. who knows?!

If my car is going to sit for more than just a few weeks, I don't want it - a new car sitting in the heat (VPC = Brunswick, GA), in the elements (it's hurricane season), near the coast/salty air, with a new battery such as i8 can be damaged that way - I would assume. I wonder if the genius launch-decision execs at BMW have thought about that.

Maybe all this is just a plot to get all of us worked up so they can surprise us when the cars do eventually hit and get delivered.

This certainly is deserving of a well-written letter to both the CEO of BMW overall as well as the NA CEO, I think.

As all of us have stated numerous times, this communication plan of theirs has been at the sub-kindergarten level - unbelievable for a supposedly world-class, cutting edge car company. The car may indeed be future technology all around, but the communication plan around the i8 has certainly been out of the stone age (or earlier!) era.

Off my soapbox now.
(I CERTAINLY HOPE SOMEONE HIGH UP IN BMW READS THESE BLOGS AND HAS THE CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE CRAZY US LAUNCH RUMORS/LAUNCH DECISIONS!)

2021 M8 Competition - Frozen Grey
Appreciate 0