nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2954 View Post
Not sure what is going on with Rolex but the sales guy at my usual store showed me his waiting list of customers for men's watches and it was very long.
this is how my AD explained the situation:
"Rolex demand on a global scale has been off the charts for almost 3 years now. People are buying Rolex watches at an unprecedented rate. This has resulted in an already short supply before we begin to factor in COVID-19. Rolex is producing as many watches as they can, but there is a limit to their production capabilities. The current way that Rolex is handling things is as follows. They are not accepting orders for most of their product line because they are so far behind in production. When we have a customer express interest in a particular model and configuration, we submit a request to Rolex to see if they will be able to fill the order. If they confirm that they can, we can take a deposit for the specific watch(es) that are requested."

that being said, we expressed interest this past Feb for both mine and my wife's watches. my AD wouldn't take any deposits from us because Rolex couldn't confirm they could fill the order. she received hers 2 months later; i'm still waiting...

Last edited by nZtiZia; 06-27-2021 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0