View Single Post
      06-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Fitbit stuff

Got one of these new-fangled gadgets for Father's day, and want a resource for talking about pros and cons on this device.

Pro: since I am entering as much info as I can (water, food consumed, extra exercise I can't track with it) I am paying extra attention to what I do, and why I do it. I selected a target of 180lbs, with the medium (500 calorie deficit) and it says I will get there by Oct. 22. Since Father's day, I have lost 3.1 lbs. I attribute a lot of that to the water intake.

I set a target of 128 oz of water, haven't quite reached that yet for any day, but definitely getting a lot more than I was before. Getting back into the habit of carrying a water bottle with me wherever I go, and sipping constantly.

Cons: Swimming for 45 mins really only burns 146 calories???? Yet I ride a bike for 3.9 miles over 16 mins and I burn 178?????

I can't wear the Blaze into the pool, or the shower.

Not sure the calories it says I am burning, are really being burned.

Drinking all that extra water, for two nights I starting getting HORRIBLE leg cramps at night. Now that I added magnesium and potassium pills to the nightly routine, haven't had them again.
Appreciate 0