View Single Post
      09-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #70
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I wouldn't call i3 ugly. I think is cute for the dimensions. It is different than what we are used to but not ugly. it is just not enough car for the money asked, and is -like all electric- limited due to the "charging leash".

Tesla on the other hand, it is UGLY. I have looked inside out and the interior makes me puke anytime I look at it. What is the hype about? maybe the same run for the image of green that Prius pushed years back.
That screen on a plain dashboard is the most fade, simple and boring design I have ever seen. A polarizing design is one thing, a glued screen in center is another.
I also checked the fit and finish of this Tesla and realized how "well" built is with rubber door seals that are installed with double sided tape on some metal lips on the corners. It did not last more than a month on this mall environment where people did nothing than looking at the vehicle. Cheap doors, cheap materials, ugly design...
And at the end, the price. The cost that it doesn't reflect anywhere, from any angle. Musk, (an arrogant prick) did it well: there are so many that will pay my premium price, for a non-premium vehicle.

It make me laugh when I hear the word "progress" in a Tesla sentence. What an ignorant statement. It is a battery with an electric motor. Welcome to the 19th century! What a progress we have made...

A better world? Who? Tesla? How?
Electric?
Ignorance again?
We pollute more to build an electric car. Electric energy does not come from the air, so we pollute differently. Batteries require a very well and firm recycling system. Everyone is sure that they will not end up in the landfill?
Did I mentioned the EMF field that are approved "within normal limits" backed by your government? Do you feel good about it? Good for you!

Go ahead and buy that non freedom, plug dependent, range limited, non healthy box. I will happy stick with my gas engine reliable car that will be there ready to go after 2-3 months left on the corner of the forest.
The more Tesla's on the street the better I feel.

Be patient, wait for the wireless power plug...
Appreciate 1