View Single Post
      09-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #76
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Zenmaster, that's an opinion, not a fact. Markets will dictate that. Oil prices will dictate that. The technology will dictate that. You can't say combustion cars haven't also been nor will the y stop to continue to advance. Compare the family sedan of the mid 80s to one today. Ev need to not only become equals to today's tech. They need to become equals to tomorrow's tech too. And also need to become economically and feature wise preferable to the combustion cars of tomorrow to have a meaningful impact. I don't see that for decades or more nor do I see corporations willing to pay huge sums for decades to bet it happens. There is no guarentee batteries will someday be higher capacity, cheap, enviromentally friendly, reliable, and fast charging. Its speculation. And all theset things and others need to happen to make that a reality. 15 yrs ago everyone was betting on fuel cells. The speculation was they would be the dominant fuel source by now. The outlook was the tech would be perfected a decade ago. I don't see any. Do you?
Appreciate 1