Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram Wooster View Post
I just learned from my CA that my iX, which has been awaiting carrier assignment since late July is actually awaiting a software update of some type. That's the real hold up, but the website doesn't reflect that — just says "awaiting carrier assignment." Does anyone have an idea about what update it might be awaiting?
I think this is a very nice piece of information. I never thought about this... thinking that the BMW factory or the VPC will take care of that update as things move along...
thanks for the post
now this is a batch of iXs that is stuck in a limbo state. Mine in them

======= update ====
just checked and there is no recall on my iX.... don't know why it is stuck in the factory having been waiting for carrier assignment for 4 weeks now.
My best guess is that they are parked far enough in that there is no good way to get them out of the overflow lot. In this case it is going to continue to be last in, first out for a long time while our iXs just sit there. I wonder how good it is for an EV to sit, uncharged for 4+ weeks...
I know it's beside the point, but my e-tron has sat for up to three weeks with only 1% loss. Some EVs have issues with losing significant range by sitting though, and there's no simple way to check on the 12v battery.
Appreciate 0