racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My MBelgium friend -

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26154707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post

My friend , while I was reading your story .I was like...."Lost in words" !
I didn't knew about the "Lottery" and lottery numbers ..."WOW" Imagine , Crazy ?!?!
I watched I don't know how much movies (lost count) about the Vietnam (nam) war ...Regarding this war .The last movies that I watched was "Hacksaw Ridge" and "Danger Close" (2019)
And of course also lots of documentaries ...

Damn ....Jesus Christ !

One thing is for sure , it was horror ! And for what ? So many deaths for nothing ....All these body bags covered in the US flag and the shock for the families !
The only thing about your situation that I can imagine and feel ..Is the tension and stress of that lottery . It must have been terrible for you !

I'm very glad to hear that you could avoid this war . My friend you was "VERY" ...Very lucky !
Thank God ! Bless you my friend !!!

For all the American families who lost their son/s there...
Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad ?....May they "RIP"

Thank you - it was such a horrible time. The most absurd and terrible audio of all was of Richard Nixon, US President at the time, stating to another cabinet member to "keep the body bags coming until November of next year when I'm re-elected....and then I'll stop the war then and the American public will see me as a hero".

This seems impossible, but Nixon actually thought it a good idea to audio tape ALL of his conversations while in the White House, thinking his words would absolve or substantiate why he made some of his decisions....the CNN video series entitled Tricky Dick was simply incredible -