View Single Post
      12-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #69
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
It's unfortunate that some posters mention Me First & the Gimme Gimme's but may not know of a far superior cover band called Manic Hispanic who did old punk rocks covers by bands like X, Bad Religion and others but with some real barrio type humour.

Fortunately, if that was their only thing you'd never give them a second listen but they are a veritable super group of old punkers like Steve Soto (RIP) from the Adolescents. Give them a listen if you can find their stuff. Indecision Records in California is reissuing their 2nd album.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Keith Morris' epic band OFF!. They are incredible. Also, check out a band called Modern Terror from the Sunshine Coast of BC. Great guys.
Great post, thank you! Agreed, OFF! is epic. Anyone who says punk is dead has simply stopped listening.

Have not heard of Manic Hispanic. Can we even say that? Do I need to show my self over to the "Hey That's Offensive!" thread in the politics section? Will poke around the old internets and see if I can dig some of their stuff up. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0