View Single Post
      08-21-2020, 04:01 AM   #1
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Unhappy Williams announce sale of F1 team to US investment company

its not surprised to see such an announcement from Williams that is being sold really cause things were going downhill with Claire Williams in recent years already.. Williams name seems will stay as Williams but i dont think it ll be always like that.. so family owned Frans Williams' team somewhat come to an end and its sad eventually..

CW says:

“People who understand the sport and what it takes to be successful. People who respect the team’s legacy and will do everything to ensure it succeeds in the future. As a family we have always put our team first. Making the team successful again and protecting our people has been at the heart of this process from start.

“This may be the end of an era for Williams as a family owned team, but we know it is in good hands. The sale ensures the team’s survival but most importantly will provide a path to success. We are enormously grateful to Dorilton for the faith they have shown in our team and we look forward to working with them now. I would also like to thank the Williams Board and our advisers who have worked tirelessly over the past months to make this happen and our employees who have remained steadfastly loyal.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...OlHkmfGjo.html