09-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #2529
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I'll check it out! Thank you sir! At my age, and with no prior training experience, it goes without saying that I'm a hard gainer. I've battled the losing fat while trying to gain muscle for almost 2 years now. I've seen huge results, but I'm just like everyone else; it doesn't happen fast enough. If it eat more to gain mass, i get fat again. If I cut to lose the fat, I lose the muscle I just built. I have changed up a few things this go around. I only do cardio on my nights off from lifting. I've also learned to start a cut gradually and to begin a bulk gradually.

Coming from 211 in November of 2018 to clocking 132 pounds this morning, the difference in physique is crazy. I'm slowly learning what my body adapts to the best, it's just one of those things that takes time and is trial and error. yes 132 pounds is crazy low, but I'm also 5'9" and have no prior athletic or training background at all. This is all brand new to me. All the muscle that I have is new, so it's just a slow process. The goal is to be around 145-150 and around the 10% bf range. Baby steps.
Nailed it in what I put in bold. Everyone is different. I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes. Once you're finished your cut, I'd just go into the bulk expecting to gain some weight. The goal is not to get cold feet half way in, then you'll just end up repeating without getting anywhere. Hell, I'd bulk for 8-12weeks, then see where you are at. The weight will come off easier once you've established a solid muscle base.

Regardless, you'll get there eventually. You're already dedicated to your diet and exercise, that is the bulk of the battle. Just like you said, you have to learn what works for your body. Keep after it man!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00