Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
I was on my way to Velos to get the tune today but on my way there I notice my CEL came on. So I'm going to err on the side of caution and wait until the dealer takes another look at the car. What's strange is I'm just beginning to realize that from the day I took delivery of the car up to now (1 year into ownership) the car has gotten CELs that show up momentarily on a regular basis and the usually disappear immediately after a restart, has anyone else experienced this? The strangest thing is that aside from a couple of times that my regen brakes stopped working (an issue BMW attributed to my DSC which they replaced) my car has never ran strange or been problematic even with all these recurring CELs.
Nope, never had that come on. I've had my share of transmission issues, but never the engine. Do you know if the CEL applies to the ICE only, or if could be the e motor, too. 17 months of ownership and about 12000 miles.
I believe it applies to the entire drivetrain since the first time it came on I was told it was a "charging fault".
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0