pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Letting them pack it was your mistake. Been there, done that. Assholes probably put one piece of tape on the label and sent it on it's way. I overpack everything now. Tape the label on myself with a shit-ton of tape so there is no way it's coming off or getting wet, and put plenty of packing so it can't get damaged unless run over by the truck.

This is probably the worst I've had:

My company was doing an infrastructure upgrade at a school. FedEx was delivering a pallet of Cisco switches to the loading dock at that location. Dude using the ramp on his truck totally botches the transport of the pallet from his truck to the ground and the boxes get damaged. Guy says "well, it wasn't packaged properly" and was about to try and blame the vendor. I go well those 4 parking lot cameras just saw your terrible pallet jack handling skills and would be happy to send the footage to FedEx. The incident was reported, FedEx denied any responsibility and tried placing the blame on our vendor. We sent the footage and suddenly had new equipment a few days later on FedEx's dime. Morons.
You'd think that with all the video being captured - cameras on commercial buildings and residential dwellings plus the ubiquity of cell phones - that the increased accountability would have compelled them to improve. Maybe it'll happen.