03-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #31
Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
Thanks for sharing this, really great info!

When we originally got the i3 it was supposed to be my wife's car and we agreed that we'll take the long trips with my 2012 Hyundai Elantra (hey, don't judge! How do you think we can afford to lease a bimmer?)

But the i3 is soooo good and fun to drive that we both hate driving the Elantra. It's really not about bimmer vs. Hyundai, we've had other bimmers but never felt this way towards Elantra! We want to take it everywhere but because of the range we can't (or couldn't, you know, with the whole pandemic). So that's why she wants to get the exact same color MY21 i3 when this one's lease is due in August. You are right about the price, we are also paying $250 a month after all the incentives and subsidies and this is with $0 down (but 7 MSDs)! So yeah it's really not comparable to Model 3 price wise. But the fact that we can't drive it straight from Santa Barbara to San Diego (the route we go often) without charging is just pathetic 😞

I'll look into ID4, seems like a nice choice
I would expect BMW to increase the range on the i3 this year as a final bid to keep the car going to 2024.

I bought my -20 i3 late last year, and I took this up against all other EV's on the market, and nothing could beat it.
Just the build quality and "tried and tested" was enough for me, but it beat most on other things as well, such as practicality, power to weight ratio, fun factor, not to mention being made of composite and plastic so that "nothing" on the car rusts.
VW pretty much gave the first ID3 owners a half done car as beta testers, Teslas have their quality issues. Most new EV's in 2020 has seen issues and callbacks.

Just the thought of knowing that your car will work every day is enough to pick the i3.

And price, well, BMW was doing some crazy good deals on the i3's late last year.
I got my i3s, to my spec (basically fully loaded) for 42.000USD, thats over 12.000USD off the "sticker price".

Oh, and on the topic of the VSG, I just pretend I'm in Star Trek
The noice goes away over 30kpm/20mph anyway.
-20 i3s
-20 Ducati Diavel 1260s
Appreciate 0