View Single Post
      01-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #11
mwhfgjvcg
Rep
Drives: I8

Battery failure became evident only, after BMW changed the AC compressor. Short background: I requested BMW to check to the AC compressor due to following 2 facts: 1. AC compressor made only sometimes a strange noise (similar to the noise described in various forums) 2) air conditioning was not working correctly, As it was not working anymore when having set 22.0 degrees on AC, but cooling to much when setting temperature to 21.5 degrees. BMW did Test the Ac compressor and system and the detected no issues, but only that some AC gas was low (which is normal as car is loosing this a bit each year). Still, I had the AC compressor changed to avoid future issues as the 2014 models seem to have not long lasting AC compressors. After BMW changed the compressor the car brought up drive train error (which never occurred before), still when the car was at BMW center. They than did checks (but I don't know how) and they could quickly identify that 3 cells of the high voltage battery needed to be replaced (I guess they can identify bad cells with a diagnostic tool). After they replaced the cells, I got 3-4km more after full recharge.
Appreciate 0