View Single Post
      06-20-2022, 08:42 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

ICD/ Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)

So not sure what I've discussed on here,
but last year I had a STEMI and was 5 minutes for checking out had the para's not dragged me to hospital (I though it was heartburn)
they found 3 blocked arteries, and put 2 stents in me, (one about 2 weeks later), I had been having mild silent heart attacks for years
which has made matters worse

I was in hospital for about 6 weeks, it was touch and go for a while, they where discussing, transplant and mechanical heart, bridge to transplant. My EF was 10% and I was very tachcardic and very low blood preassure, my whole system collapsed actually due to some med's had a bad effect on me,

ANYWAY, they did get my EF up to 25%

But they are banging away at getting a ICD, my echo's allways show good, but the MUGA (which is computer controlled radiation tracer) has said lower.

Under 35% is considered high risk of instant death due to (the hearts natural pacemaker not working due to too much dead tissue)
No matter how healthy I remain if my heart get's a bad rhythm boom, I'm done.

I have another Muga coming up and another consutation, where I suspect "they can't force me" but will read me the riot act if my EF doesnt go up and I still refuse....

IF NONE OF THIS MADE SENSE thats fine.

If this made sense to you, I am totally happy to continue this converstaion

I aint too proud to say this scares the crapp outt me, I'm more worried about what can go wrong.

I've also heard of "external" life vests which do the same thing, but there not supposed to be as good,

txs all
Appreciate 2
br438583.50
vreihen1615268.00