View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 10:38 AM   #2422
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Holy shit, so you lost 100lbs. That is crazy man, good for you. 155lbs is a good goal for the time being, and you can always increase that as you progress. I have a buddy who is the same height, he weighs roughly 170 and has a mean build. So anything is possible. Also at that height your range of motion is more suited to bodybuildingesk movements. Hence once you start pushing some weight in the gym, you'll want to keep on climbing in those numbers.

I know you said you have another 2-4weeks left in your cut, but do you really think you need to cut anymore? Honest question as I don't know what you look like, but if I was in your shoes I'd start more of a lean bulk like you had mentioned. Up the weights, up the protein intake, reduce the cardio slightly. All up to you, just my two cents from an outsider looking in!
Thanks man, I appreciate that. If it wasn't for the flab around the belly, I'd be in a bulk right now. I bulked for 3 months during the gym shutdown doing calisthenics and put on a surprising amount of muscle in those 3 months. Before when I tried to get lean, I just didn't have the mass underneath to support it. The way I see it at the moment is that while I'm this size, I might as well go ahead and finish getting rid of the rest of the fat now. Then I'll slowly add daily calories until the scales stop moving, then add more. I plan to bulk all fall/winter then start cutting again February or March.

I catch hell for it, but my goal is to look more like a basketball player or gymnast rather than being built. I've been overweight most of my life and I just want to enjoy being lean for a while. I'm not the type to draw a lot of attention to myself, but for those that notice, I want it to be recognized the amount of work that's been put in ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sounds like you both need to find foods that agree more with your body lol. Something you are putting in there is obviously causing a disturbance!
Mines more of muscles, joints and whey protein farts first thing in the morning. I swear my body sounds like someone walking around in old creaky house opening doors. My body could be used to make up all the sound effects in scary movies. One of my kids named one of my farts "The Open Door Classic"
Appreciate 1
JP102465.00