View Single Post
      02-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #36
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you! A few updates:

1) I do love how many people assume I don't have or cant use a chainsaw. Granted, this is a BMW forum and not a Ford Pickup forum so the chances are better that folks here don't count chainsaw mastery in their list of personal accomplishments. Not to fear, I have two chainsaws. The issues is not a lack of ability to take care of this myself, it's a lack of time and a lack of feeling like it should be my responsibility.

2) Spoke with my insurance company and this is 100% on me to take care of. Damn. Because there was no damage my insurance will not get involved. In the state of WA any debris in your yard from any source outside your yard is your problem.

3) Renter behind me texted me yesterday while I was driving home from Portland (about 2.5 hours from home) and told me she had emergency surgery over the weekend. Her 15 year old diabetic son was home alone over night and her few friends in the area (she just moved here from out of state) were all out of town. Hospital would not release her in an Uber; she needed a friend or family member to pick her up. Son is too young to drive. Poor lady. She got linked up with another neighbor and got a ride home before I could make it back to Seattle, but bottom line is I'm not going to bug her about this tree and I'm sure not going to just throw it over the fence and make it her problem. I'll chop it up this weekend and get someone to cart it away.

4) The remainder of the tree is leaning towards my house. Insurance said they WILL cover it if it falls and damages my fence or house (which it certainly will). They instructed me to take photos, document my concerns, and send in a certified letter to the property management company. If/when it falls (assuming the property management company does nothing) then they will go after them. That's about all I can do for now.
Appreciate 5
RickFLM410954.50
Poiseuille5385.50
minn1914012.00
wdb4713.50
xQx902.50