View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 04:30 PM   #47
Norbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3 120, iX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
Although I don't like the instrument cluster in the iX (also don't like the one in my current X5 either), it wouldn't bother me too much because I hardly look at it at all. The HUD for me negates most of that mess in the dash. However, I get what they are trying to do to make it look more modern. What I don't get is why they didn't just add a "classic" display option that would essentially be old traditional looking cluster. This way BMW can have the esthetics they want and the people who want their 1980's gauges can have them too.

I would go a step further and even open it up to allowing users to upload a custom one if they wanted to. But hey, what do I know...
I drove the X5 without the HUD on and I have to say that the readability of the digital instruments is not that good, especially when you want to use the DAP etc, but even getting a fast and good reading of the speed is more difficult than on a classic gauge. I even tried the simplified mode which deletes a lot of information, but still find it worse.

Fully agree that there should be a ” classic mode” and also the possibility to define your own cluster.
Appreciate 2
ggalanis2448.00
Germanauto9702.50