techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
If you want to call it "Just en electric 4 series".

it's quite a bit more, but yes it shares the same platform. So I guess you need to ask yourself what were you expecting?

BMW has made no secret that these are no bespoke chassis for BEV. They will get to that, but I the meantime they still need to make money.

Tesla didn't start as an ICE car manufacturer so it has no transition to make. The 3/4 platform for BMW is a cash cow. You don't take your cow to slaughter unless you have another cow to milk.
When did the i3 and i8 come out? And what has BMW done with all that knowledge and tech? Not much, yet. I guess the iX is the first car of the next generation on.
I guess the question is what tech are you looking for?

The TM3 ADAS (FSD) is level 2, no matter what Elon says. It's camera only so it will have performance issues in inclement weather

The i4/iX also uses cameras but has additional Lidar/Radar front facing for object detection. It's also Level 2. BMW has HUD, adaptive regeneration modes, adaptive suspension, driver awareness, Android/iPhone integration, etc.

BMW has embedded ABS and DSC directly into the electric motors.

Anyway, BMW has plenty of new tech in the car.