Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
If there is no technology upgrade available, how do they make new i3 models with it?
Our cars have 4G.
Its probably an issue for the pre-LCI i3's and no alternative unit is available, I looked in the parts catalogue and looks like they installed 4G with the introduction of 120ah version for the MY2019 i3/i3s.

I guess the "no update available" is due to different connectors or software incompatibility with the rest of the system.

I guess my F10 has 3G, I have not received any such mail and my service is due for renewal in August.
I guess as long as we have an operating 3G network the service will still be available.
Yet the funny thing is, my part is superseded with the new part. When cross referencing the parts in the computer And the new part is 4g and so if my part had died during my warranty period it would have been replaced with a 4G unit.

So ...........

Lol. Maybe I just go buy a 4g unit and plug it in and take it to the dealer and say hey mine stopped working can you activate it for me !

The connectors are all the same..... and the part looks the same ....

Here is a 2/15 build and the 4g module looks to be able to work with the car.

The early 2014 do not show this option. Not sure if an older 3015 can be swapped through the dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0