Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
It's called busy.

And can't believe I'm in the minority when I say this car is truly heinous.
Youre not in minority. Do a poll here and you'lll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Also all the aftermarket vendors, who also happen to be the bimmerpost sponsors, are not exactly happy over all the random dudes with “strong opinions” because it negatively impacts their business. The sponsors should have every right to decide who posts here and who doesn’t.
If the site lets sponsors dominate content (and if that's the trade) than it reflects negatively on the site itself, a lot more so. Before it was sponsors trying to drum up business, but if that changed to censorship... pretty weak.

Its ok to turn it into a market place for sponsors with comment function on products where they moderate bad comments, while also posting 30 sec videos about how they love community and talk about new product. I think if it goes that way it is their decision, just dont want the the pretence of some free speaking forum. Being rude is bad, but well argued negative view is OK.

BMW ix spirit animal for me is firmly this and I cant shake off this disproportionate car, hopefully a facelift will address this strange grille tiny eyes big cheek situation. From side and rear it looks alright, not pretty but ok. Front is bad. And there in lies the problem with new BMW designs - they say same old things, but cars look different - made by someone who doesnt care about the looks. Car is an emotional object, it is like clothing, you want to look good in it. But there is also a very different approach to clothing and cars - you dont care how it looks, you either after comfort or features. IX is about comfort and features, and looks are secondary. It is an embarassing front graphic, but range is also bad (should be more talked about) and price will be massive for it also. I think BMW isnt quite there with technology being private co and small in scale.

Rimac/VW/Porsche have stolen a march on BMW in electric tech, and I suspect their diesel gate scandal will end up helping them more than we know in few years. Bring it on!
Attached Images

Last edited by Tallest; 12-03-2020 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0