Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMuc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMuc View Post
Well I think everyone knew the design already, I cant see the point starting the same discussion again and again.
There was a german comedian in the early 20th cent., he said something like 'everything to say has been said, but not by everyone' .
This applies pretty good here I think, lol.

Looking at the real new information, the technical specs and the price, I am pretty exited. I assume that the specs are pretty near the reality and if the performance is as underrated as for the ix3, this one should be fast ahead of its main competitors, Merc, and Audi. Tesla still is the Benchmark I think.
Finally we had a ix3 in our company for a test drive, it felt much quicker then the claimed 6.8s to 100km/h. We also drove about 200km and still had 170km remaining - not too bad, considering that it was pretty cold and that I floored it several times.

Also looking at the price tag for the IX, it is in the range of a an equivalent X5. Also a similar model X costs about 90k in germany.

The only problem that I have is, that BMW now also announced a new gen EV platform coming in 2025. Considering that the first IX models will be delivered 2022, I would be concerned that it could be already outdated in the near future.
Well, there is maybe an other problem - I don't like how it looks too
I really loved your response, I'm gonna use the quote from that German comedian in all our company meetings, it fits well in our company (disclaimer: I work for a German company in the US )

The comedians name was Karl Valentin.
Give it to them!
Well, that was fun! I mentioned this in a meeting today and it immediately turned into Americans saying what does German comedian mean and Germans saying no one in Germany laughs at your jokes and you Americans just make fun of each other and other countries. So I'll probably hear from HR tomorrow

But I have to look Karl Valentin up, apparently he is considered The Godfather of German comedy.
Appreciate 1
MoeMuc118.50