TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
It's just about the only piece of jewelry a man can wear...
I was actually about to respond that, in affect, watches are Jewelry. And obviously some jewelry is more expensive than others as we all know.

I disagree that a watch is the "only jewelry a man can wear" comment.

Couple of examples:

I have a very unique 14k two-tone gold necklace I purchased about 20yrs ago (can't recall the link style but I have never seen anyone with it or in any fine jewelry store or online). I don't wear it everyday. But when I do, I get compliments. It isn't gaudy and ridiculous but it's not dainty either. Many times my wife and I are about to leave the house, and she will ask me to wear it. Because all these years later, she still likes it. And I like that she likes it.

I also have a couple of bracelets: gold, silver, leather, tungsten carbide. I occasionally wear. Which she also likes.
And then I have my personal favorite jewelry to wear. Which isn't expensive at all but gets the most compliments from complete strangers: A matching Tigers Eye necklace and bracelet.

Now I don't wear things "for compliments". I buy/wear them because I like it! Compliments are a nice bonus.

In my experience, having friends and family who do own expensive Breitling, Rolex, Tag, etc. They generally don't wear any other jewelry. Coincidence? Maybe.

So the most appealing expensive watch to me forever, has been the Breitling Navitimer 01 46 AB012721/C889-453A

I've eyeballed this watch for years. And could've bought it at any time. But I just can't/won't fork over $7k for it. Why? It's a watch! LOL! Sure, it's a very pretty watch to me. But I have very pretty watches that I really enjoy that cost a fraction of that and serve the same purpose. And please don't try to make the "BMW vs Chevy/Honda are just cars too". Whole different scenario there.
But I will and have spent over $7k on furniture. And would do so again in the future if my wife and I move or want a change of home decor. And that doesn't include my Home Theater setup which was considerably higher. Some folks would never consider spending what I have on such items. Just like I wouldn't consider spending on a watch.
It all comes down to two words "personal preference". And at the end of the day, it's what makes us all unique.

Again, it's YOUR hard earned ca$h! Spend it how you see fit and enjoy your investment.

I like how for the most part, this thread has not been a 'pissing contest or flame fest'. Just us grown men, discussing our opinions and fondness for certain things.