03-22-2020, 07:02 AM   #75
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
I would have done the same. Except I wouldn’t have been nice anymore after the sigh.

In my state shops are required to request consent for all additional charges before they perform them and you can request your old parts (as you own them after all).

For me, I would swap dealers since I have 4 very close to me. I am new to the BMW brand and am used to MB in my area which was great overall. But I would swap simply because I would feel they would be trying to find ways to try and rip me off in less obvious areas. Trust is very important and they would have lost that for me.

I don’t get the “you would look cheap” argument. It isn’t about the dollar value but about trust and respect. It is disrespectful to spend my money for me without so much as giving me the courtesy of deciding if I want to spend it.

Would’ve taken a few minutes for a call, text, or email to ask. Otherwise, comp it.
As stated by LogicalApex above...

Not sure your warranty situation, but the battery is covered under the BMW new car warranty. And as stated if the dealership performs any maintenance that you did not consent to, you cannot be held liable for those expenses. The dealership should have called you to get your consent to perform the maintenance/replacement of the part prior to performing the maintenance/replacement. It is not about the price, it is about the trust! You definitely did the right thing.

Current: 2021 X3M
Gone but not forgotten: 2020 M2C LBB MT
Appreciate 0