Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: F80 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
What an asinine and ignorant comment. BMW is light years ahead of Tesla in terms of automotive build quality and technology. d.
How many Tesla vehicles have you actually owned and driven on a daily basis?

I have a Tesla Model X P90D (ludicrous) and the technology is far more advanced than anything in any of my current or past BMW's (M6, M4, X6M)... So exactly what technology do you think any BMW is "light years ahead" with? I can make you a very long list of advanced Tech in my MX, but lets see what you got - shall we?

...and as far as materials, design, and build quality goes, I would definitely put Tesla in the same category as BMW.

...and yes, My Model X P90DL is by far the quickest car in my garage! 3.2 secs 0-60 in the family SUV! It'll suck the blood out of the back of your eyeballs when you launch it. ...with groceries in the back. ...and 250 miles of range. The i8 is only good for 4.2 seconds and definitely no groceries...

Tesla has been building cars for years that BMW should have produced in the first place. The i8 is totally impractical and wont even keep up with either the Tesla Model S or X. The i3 has little or no useful range and is not particularly comfortable to drive (albeit a bit more practical).

I love BMW's (I really do), but they simply don't make a compelling or competitive (on any level) EV at the moment... Too little, too late.

Maybe there's hope in the future though... (That's what led me to check in on this thread...)
I have been to a Research and Design even in DC where they had all the EV cars on the market. Saw full cut away views of all cars and then got to dissect all materials used in them. Finally tested all the cars on a track with real world emergency situations (I would never put my family in a tesla) it failed miserably in all test! And for those that think that all the big magazines car and driver Moyer trend etc are real representations of what cars are just have no clue. All of these company's are paid off by the manufactures. I have witnessed this my self with my own eyes. BMW i3 excelled in all aspects, exept for range and that is no longer an issue.
Appreciate 0