smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Why no barbell pressing? Shoulder issues?

Interesting about 15 rep range...did you notice a difference in muscle hardness / growth between 3-5 rep range and 12-15?

So damn tempting to jump on a cycle...fuck. But I think cons outweigh pros for me. Maybe when I'm 45...
Yeah, I was a legit 455 raw and mid 600's equipped bencher and tucked my elbows, touched low on my chest + used perfect form but eventually I had to have my shoulder repaired anyway

15 reps is fine imo, my target as a middle aged dadbod lifter is to get to 120 x 15 in the DB bench again, then try to maintain that as long as possible. I'm currently at 110 x 12 so it's a long ass way away but goals help I guess. When we moved to Texas I sold all my heavy dumbbells and only kept the 120s to try to prevent myself doing stupid shit again. My bicep tendons are both fucked from rowing too heavy

I actually do a lot of my leg training in even higher rep ranged, a couple of sets of safety or front squats (these have to be in the 8-10 rep range because of stabilizer fatigue) then I'll try to do 50 reps on the hammer leg press in one giant rest pause set.

You were massive, lol. At 5'11" even at my biggest I was objectively huge but always felt tiny around my strongman bros who were all your height
600s is fucking insane haha...but man, I did not know the extent of injuries in the long term...

I have started to shift more towards dumbbell pressing, but man, the barbell just keeps calling you. I did notice shoulder pain from flat benching, so currently taking off from that till I have full mobility back

I also have noticed higher reps for legs just seems to work so much better...definitely helps with fatiguing all muscles

Appreciate the advice sir!! Will continue focusing on form / higher reps / nutrition to try and keep going when I'm 40s, 50s...what I would give to have joints made of steel
Appreciate 1