View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #67
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BM View Post
I have some questions for the anti-monsanto crowd. Do you drink water from the tap, a bottle or a fountain? All contain bio-chemicals to purify the water that is consumed. Do you wear Gucci, or Polo or any other main stream manufacturer? All produced with textiles treated in massive chemicals prior to production. Do you wear deodorant or shave? All have carcinogenic chemicals of some sort that can/cannot be directly linked to cancer.

My point is, if it is such a worry (GMOs) then purchase from your local farm stands or butchers that you know an trust to be selling "free" foods. Someone said it here, we've been manipulating foods for 1000s of years. It's not about the foods, its about what YOU consume, how much and how often.

Not disparraging anyone, but standing up against GMOs saying you eat healthy, is like PETA protesting and wearing a full leather belt, shoes and driving a vehicle with leather seating.
There are machines that have 6 or 7 stages of filtration where you can get water for like a dollar for 5 gallons, plus there is no flouride or chlorine added. Much cheaper than bottled water and better for the environment.

I'm not gonna go into clothes, because we don't put them in our body although I do agree the chemicals used to grow cotton can be harmful just from contacting your skin.

Also believe it or not they make natural deoderant, soap, shaving cream, etc. everything you need. The deoderant I use is made from tea tree and is chemical free yet just as effective.

The other problem is it's hard to opt out of this science experiment, unless your willing to put alot of effort into watching what you eat. If people offer you some of their food or snacks sometimes it's rude to turn it down. You can't eat out at all. Even in a grocery store that sells organic food you still have to read the ingredients and figure out if its safe to eat. I know all or most of you think I am overreacting, but I didn't sign up to be a lab rat and will not go along with this experiment.
Appreciate 0