View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #69
66BM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ML63 AMG, E92 M3, E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
There are machines that have 6 or 7 stages of filtration where you can get water for like a dollar for 5 gallons, plus there is no flouride or chlorine added. Much cheaper than bottled water and better for the environment.

I'm not gonna go into clothes, because we don't put them in our body although I do agree the chemicals used to grow cotton can be harmful just from contacting your skin.

Also believe it or not they make natural deoderant, soap, shaving cream, etc. everything you need. The deoderant I use is made from tea tree and is chemical free yet just as effective.

The other problem is it's hard to opt out of this science experiment, unless your willing to put alot of effort into watching what you eat. If people offer you some of their food or snacks sometimes it's rude to turn it down. You can't eat out at all. Even in a grocery store that sells organic food you still have to read the ingredients and figure out if its safe to eat. I know all or most of you think I am overreacting, but I didn't sign up to be a lab rat and will not go along with this experiment.
My point was do you live under a rock, to the extent of above where you ingest, wear or use nothing that is manufactured. Because if you don't, eating GMO food is the least of your worries. Not to mention if you walk outside and breath the air in a big city, or stand out in the sun, or swim in the ocean. Again, not disparaging anyone, standing up for what you believe in is what made this country what it is today. But the fight against GMOs is like standing with the occupy wall street crowd, than buying a 50k dollar car, and depositing your paycheck into a multi national bank. Its like the pot calling the kettle black.

The real question is DO YOU live your life free from the mainstream manufacturing of day to day items?