View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #72
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Not to slam you, but how do you even go out of your house with that mentality? The air you're breathing is polluted with contaminants and such....do you wear a scuba mask to prevent exposure to those chemicals too?

Is your house sealed and HEPA filtrated to prevent exposure to the outside air?

What about the wood use to make your house and the chemicals used to treat it?

You said you can't eat out, so what do you do when you go on vacation or travel? You pack all your own meals too?

Etc, etc

Props to you and your effort to live life the way you want to, but you seem to have taken OCD to an entirely new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BM View Post
My point was do you live under a rock, to the extent of above where you ingest, wear or use nothing that is manufactured. Because if you don't, eating GMO food is the least of your worries. Not to mention if you walk outside and breath the air in a big city, or stand out in the sun, or swim in the ocean. Again, not disparaging anyone, standing up for what you believe in is what made this country what it is today. But the fight against GMOs is like standing with the occupy wall street crowd, than buying a 50k dollar car, and depositing your paycheck into a multi national bank. Its like the pot calling the kettle black.

The real question is DO YOU live your life free from the mainstream manufacturing of day to day items?
I actually prefer being outdoors. I'm not all that concerned about the air although it is slowly getting worse. Thats what plants are for, to filter the air. I am mainly concerned about what gets put into the body. We can tolerate toxins to some extent without having any health problems, but the effects from having altered dna put into your body is what I am concerned about. This has not been proven to be safe.

And to the question about what I eat when not at home that kind of proves my point even more. It is hard to make the choice to opt out of this experiment and that is exactly what Monsanto wants. They want us to give up and accept GMO's. They want our seeds to get contaminated so that way farmers don't have a choice but to buy seeds from them. Don't you think it's wrong for a corporation to patent life.

Im not against manufacturing although I'm sure I don't support the same companies many of you do.

And I didn't want to go into religion at all, but I have a point I want to make. By modifying life aren't we essentially telling our creator that he made a mistake. I'm sure we all have different religious views, and some don't believe in religion at all, and I'm not trying to change your way of thinking towards that just using it to make a point.
Appreciate 0