i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Indoor air quality is far worse than outdoor air quality pretty much anywhere.

I'm fine with people being fine with companies buying political favor. It's more a problem with our system of government than the companies though. The "Monsanto protection act" was an act that allows companies to sell seed even if a court has blocked them. It could be "crony capitialism" (a.k.a. facism) or it could be a foil to prevent companies from having to put everything on hold every time there's a basesless acqusation with the sole intent of keeping things dies up in court indefinitely (guilty until proven innocent).

GMO foods though are simply not inherently bad, just as traditionally modified or organic foods aren't inherently good. Sure...it's possible to develop something that's unhealthy, but they're incentivized not to do that. They've increased yield significantly in the developing world, a few % in the developed world, but while using less inceticide and far less toxic herbicides. The hysteria around this technique is about on par with anti-vaccers and 9-11 truthers and approximates a religious view, except the hytericals are typically far left in this case.

I found the wiki a good read...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic..._controversies
I believe that the hysteria would die down if big ag owns up and sell GMOs based on their real merits, not through political subversion.

" They've increased yield significantly in the developing world, a few % in the developed world, but while using less inceticide and far less toxic herbicides." - something to put on a label

Last edited by i dunno; 10-18-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0